Friday, May 13, 2016

Qatar: Our Home Away From Home




It's been almost 2 years since my eldest sister and I decided to leave our home country, Philippines to work in Qatar. It was an abrupt decision, something I never really dreamed of. 

My dream was very simple.. After finishing college, pass the CPA licensure exam, join a reputable firm, enjoy my salary, help my family, make my own family and live at peace with the people I love. But God has a different plan..

(Proverbs 19:21 NIV)
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. 


It was August 1, 2014, an early summer morning when we arrived at Hamad International Airport, Doha, Qatar, hailed as the best airport in middle east for 2015. This bragging beauty makes me wonder: how come my home country can't make this?

During my first year as an OFW (the modern-day heroes as they say), I can say it wasn't that tough. I mean, I'm living with dad and my sister so nothing to worry about; there are just some occasions that make me miss home. Christmas, New Year, and Birthdays. 😁

Days passed so quickly, as we are turning two years already on August 1. Up to now, I don't know where God is heading me.. I just have to wait for His plans to prosper in my life. To know that He is in control, to be still and know that He is God. (Psalm 46:10) ☝🏼️❤️

0 comments: