Sunday, May 29, 2016

Must Watch: 2016 K-Drama - Cheese in the Trap





Cheese In The Trap is a romantic-comedy Korean drama adaptation of a webtoon by Soonkki. It stars Park Hae-jin (Yoo Jung), Kim Go-eun (Hong Seol) and Seong Kang-joon (Baek In Ho). It aired on cable network tvN from January 2016 to March 2016 with 16 Episodes.

This is the most recent drama I've watched, a record-breaking for me since I've finished it for 3 days only. I become very much interested because of the lead actor, Yoo Jung, which aside from very good-looking, has a mysterious character. It was also because the story is really good, it makes you think and anticipate for the next episode..

I have never read the webtoon, which makes me want to know what's the real ending of the story (since for me the story ended unsolved), however I've read some articles that the webtoon itself is not yet finished which makes me realize that 'maybe' they don't really want to give the ending as respect to the Soonkki.

The ending is really heart-breaking for me as I am expecting a 'happier' ending for Hong Seol, I believe that the happiness from loving Yoo Jung and being loved back in return will never be compared to her success in career. She found colleagues similar to her college classmates, Sang Cheul, Min Soo, Young Gun but not Yoo Jung. However, it delivers a good lesson about friendship, family, forgiving, loving without condition, accepting and self-control.

So, yes, I'm looking forward to Part 2 (eventhough Park Hae-jin already confirmed the making of a movie -- hope it's not just a summary but a sweet ending, but I'd rather watch another 16-episode drama than a compressed one haha)!

It wasn't a bad ending, it was not just the best one.. However, when I think of those good times they spent together and what Yoo Jung said before he left Seol, it gives me relief and hope that one day, they will be back in each other's arms. :)


0 comments: